IREX (the International Research & Exchanges Board) is the premier US nonprofit organization specializing in higher education, independent media, Internet development, and civil society programs in the United States, Europe, Eurasia, Middle East, and Asia. Since its founding in 1968, IREX has supported over 15,000 students, scholars, policymakers, business leaders, journalists, and other professionals. IREX serves as a major resource for universities, governments, and the corporate sector in understanding international political, social, economic, and business developments.
The former system could not generate reports automatically. Data was stored in printed paper documents and excel files. The customer set the following requirements for the Grant Management System:
- availability to obtain current status of all projects in the program
- availability to identify and access the latest version of the required document (documents are processed by different employees at their workplaces in and outside Chisinau)
- validation of the data entered in the system.
The SGMS provides following facilities to its users:
- creating new documents
- editing existing documents
- creating new user
- user authentication and document access rights differentiation
- generating reports in several formats including XLS
- attaching photos to documents
- creating unique tags for documents
- formal letters module